Is your company currently managing its own warehousing operations or are you a startup business looking to enter into a new market? Whether to outsource to a third party logistics company or to run your operations in-house is an important decision. Here is a list of reasons to consider outsourcing warehousing.
- If your company’s expertise and resources are not optimized to manage a distribution center
- Lack of experience in commercial real estate to negotiate an optimal arrangement
- To gain a competitive advantage over your competitors through the use of supply chain professionals
- To avoid capital expenditures for equipment, software, and infrastructure
- To take advantage of the warehousing company’s transportation buying power.
- To improve your business’s fulfillment and supply chain processes.
- To utilize value added services such as kitting and final assembly and labeling services.
- To benefit from advanced technologies and warehousing software without the upfront investment.
- To acquire flexible and scalable customer service reps for deliveries and shipments.
- To use a warehousing provider with multiple distribution centers to increase shipment times and reliability.
Contact AWD today!